Our company is currently seeking a professional field technician starting date April 23rd, 2018 (negotiable). Our company specializes in remediating lakes & ponds and has been in business since 2008. The position of field technician is critically important, as the successful candidate will be in direct control water assessments, equipment maintenance and installation delivered by our company. The incumbent must be 100% dedicated to providing the very best in customer care and attention to detail.
- Naturally friendly communicator with the ability to speak with stakeholders;
- An ability to produce meaningful concise reports and record accurate data;
- Stay focused on details to mange time sensitive projects in a distracting environment;
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills;
- Neatness in appearance, punctuality and have computer skills
Along with a strong working knowledge of the customer care center incumbent must have a personal desire to set and achieve personal and team goals. Enthusiasm and the ability to dedicate a high level of energy to job-related duties are required.
To analyze bodies of water, install systems, apply treatments and maintain systems. Candidate must me be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team. Candidate must be willing to learn about water. Record keeping and report writing a must. Ability and desire to work and learn about nutrients, aquatic species and analyze the surroundings. Understanding of water testing equipment an asset.
Duties and responsibilities
50% - Assessing bodies of water- water samples, examining aquatic weeds and ecosystem.
20% - Installing aeration and other technologies
20% - Maintaining systems and applying environmentally friendly treatments
10% - Report writing and record keeping. General duties – organizing stock and tools
You will report to the sales manager. You will work as team and work independently at times. You will be expected to bring new ideas to the table. A weekly to do list will be determined with supervisor and reviewed at the end of the week.
You will be in contact with stake holders at the sites
Knowledge and skills
- Effective communication skills written and oral
- Organizational skills
- Independent worker that is self-motivated
- Pursuing a degree in agriculture, water management, environmental sciences, or engineering
- Farm background is an asset
- Efficient computer skills
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Experience & knowledge about water quality
- Pleasure craft operators card
- CPR and first aid certified
- post secondary in any of the following
- Environmental Science
- Land and Water