CanACRE provides land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies and permitting services. CanACRE’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada. CanACRE works on infrastructure projects of various kinds such as large-scale wind and solar power projects.
The Full Stack Developer will be working as a part of a professional software development team. The successful candidate will have software development experience and will focus on designing, testing, and deploying CanACRE’s multiuser applications.
CanACRE’s applications help CanACRE and its clients to manage the development of large-scale infrastructure projects, with emphasis on real estate, planning, permitting, and crossing requirements. Our applications allow Project Managers to view documentation, spatial data, and reports; and ultimately help development teams make critical decisions that benefit their projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works closely with CanACRE’s Development Manager
- Design, develop, and test CanACRE’s web applications
- Enhance automated processes and functionality of CanACRE’s core products
- Assists with customizing functionality to clients’ needs
- Design and develop reports as required
- Support internal and external users
- Update product documentation
- Work with multiple versions of source code
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum of two years of development experience as full stack developer
- Experience with .NET (Core, MVC), AngularJS, ArcObjects, C#, SQL Server or other technologies required to build, extend, and deploy custom applications
- Strong knowledge of system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with version control systems, for example, SVN, GIT
- Experience in developing frontend and backend for web-based applications
- Experience with development of responsive layouts
- Experience in data modeling and system design methodologies
- Experience with iOS and Android application development
- Works well with tight deadlines
- Good leadership skills
- Solid team player who enjoys working with others
- Creative problem solver
- Has a strong work ethic, and enjoys challenging tasks
- Optional Skills:
- Experience with ArcGIS Development Suite is an asset
- Experience implementing ArcGIS Enterprise (formally ArcGIS Server) based solutions is an asset
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Online is an asset
- GIS applications, specifically ArcGIS 9.x/10.x
A degree or diploma in computer sciences from a post-secondary institution, or equivalent.