CanACRE provides land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. CanACRE’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada. CanACRE works on infrastructure projects of various kinds such as large-scale wind and solar power projects.
The GIS Specialist will work alongside other GIS professionals in a fast-paced and professional work environment in Downtown Toronto creating professional looking map products and reports for distribution to internal and external parties in support of wind, solar and right of way projects throughout Canada.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create professional map products and reports.
- Conduct GIS analysis.
- Manage incoming and outgoing data.
- Design and conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures on mapping and data products.
- Communicate directly with the CanACRE field team on specific projects and identify mapping requirements.
Knowledge and skills
- GIS experience through work, education or co-op placement
- Educational or Professional experience with ESRI ArcGIS and its extensions
- Experience with digitizing, editing, and performing queries in ArcGIS
- An understanding how to integrate AutoCAD and GIS data
- Microsoft Access DB & Reporting Tools experience
- SQL/VBA language skills
- Experience with relational databases
- A keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and/or part of a productive team
A University degree, and/or college degree in GIS, Cartography, Geography, Environmental Sciences