Our company is currently seeking a professional head field technician starting date April 1st, 2018(negotiable). Our company specializes in the remediation lakes & ponds and has been in business since 2008. The position of field technician is critically important, as the successful candidate will be in direct control water assessments, equipment maintenance and installation delivered by our company. The incumbent must be 100% dedicated to providing the very best in customer care and attention to detail.
- Naturally friendly communicator with the ability to speak with stakeholders;
- An ability to produce meaningful concise reports and record accurate data;
- Stay focused on details to mange time sensitive projects in a distracting environment;
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills;
- Neatness in appearance, punctuality and have computer skills
Along with a strong working knowledge of the customer care center incumbent must have a personal desire to set and achieve personal and team goals. Enthusiasm and the ability to dedicate a high level of energy to job-related duties are required.
To take the lead roll in to analyze bodies of water, install systems, apply treatments and maintain systems. Candidate must me be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team. Candidate must be willing to learn about water. Record keeping and report writing a must. Ability and desire to work and learn about nutrients, aquatic species and analyze the surroundings. Understanding of water testing equipment an asset.
Duties and responsibilities
50% - Assessing bodies of water- water samples, examining aquatic weeds and ecosystem.
20% - Installing aeration and other technologies
20% - Maintaining systems and applying environmentally friendly treatments
10% - Report writing and record keeping. General duties – organizing stock and tools
You will report to the sales manager. You will work as team and take the lead roll plus work independently at times. You will be expected to bring new ideas to the table. A weekly to do list will be determined with supervisor and reviewed at the end of the week.
You will be in contact with stake holders at the sites
30% of this position will require driving to sites. 50% will entail physical assessing bodies of water, installing maintaining systems and applying treatments 10% will entail report writing, lab work and record keeping
Occasional overtime. Vehicle, cell phone and expense account will be provided.
Installation, requires working outdoors sometimes in rough terrain, bush country and on and in the water in a boat in many types of weather if it is safe to do so. Manual labor trenching, backfilling, lifting etc.
Hazards include- working near water, occasionally operating or being near heavy equipment during installations
Knowledge and skills
- Effective communication skills written and oral
- Organizational skills
- Independent worker that is self-motivated
- Pursuing a degree in agriculture, water management, environmental sciences, or engineering
- Farm background is an asset
- Efficient computer skills
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to lead a team
- Experience & knowledge about water quality
- Pleasure craft operators card
- CPR and first aid certified
Post Secondary in the following but not limited to:
- Environmental Science
- Land and Water Management