Borrum Energy Solutions (WWW.BorrumEnergySolutions.ca) is targeting single dwellings in Northern Canada with wind turbine(s) to reduce their dependency on diesel electricity generation, reduce energy costs as well as associated greenhouse emissions. The electricity generated will be stored in a set of batteries connected through a Nano grid to DC elements such as space heaters, led based lighting, electronics, and water heater elements. The electricity generated will be off grid and “behind the meter”.
A “guyed” wire tilt tower provides the support mechanism for easy installation, serviceability and reasonable height for good wind.
Borrum Energy Solutions has purchased the design as well as the exclusive Canadian manufacturing, sales and distributions right for an existing turbine. Enhancements are planned to this turbine to best address thermal cycling in Northern Canada as well as increase electricity generation.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities / R&D
This R&D position will be directly engaged with:
- Blades design for the current and future generators with the goal of higher system efficiencies and power generation.
- Enhancing current design for the turbine mechanical components.
- New mechanical systems / components design for the next generation of turbine
Borrum Energy Solutions is supported by the Industrial Research Assistance Programs (IRAP) as well as by members of the National Research Council.
Knowledge and skills
- Driven individual
- Work well with others
- Project driven
- 3d Modelling and simulation knowledge and / or experience with SOLIDWORKS and ANSYS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of blade design would be an asset
- Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering (Bachelor or Master degree)